Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Keys?

Yesterday Stan called me at work stating that he had a problem. My immediate response is of course, 'is everyone ok?'... the following conversation not only left me in stitches, but I laughed so hard I fell off the fence and decided to start this blog. I hope you will all enjoy. Mostly however, this is the easiest way this working mom can think to keep track of all the incredible, messy, lovely adventures that are coming our way with a toddler in the house!

So, the conversation went like this:

Stan: Yes, we're all ok. Alex took my keys and hid them.

Tracy: So use your spare set.

Stan: That was my spare set.

Tracy: Ok. Well, did you ask him where he put them?

Stan: Yes, he said "Kss", then ran away laughing.

Tracy: Did you watch where he went?

Stan: Yes, he's not helping. I think he knows exactly what he did.

Tracy: (muffled snickers) Did you look in the trunk of his toy car? Did you pick up all the blankets? The cracks of the couch? Did he put them back on the table? Did he put them in a box, because I was trying to teach him to put things in the boxes?

Stan: Great (with a healthy dose of sarcasm)... No, I shook all the boxes.

Tracy: You could always call Amber (his caretaker) and beg her to pretty please pick him up for you?

Stan: No, I'll find them.

So, I laughed some more and we hung up. I got a text message from Stan about 2 minutes later saying he had found the keys. Alex put them in his monkey backpack.

One of my younger brothers hid my Mom's keys all the time. He would stash them under his pillow at bedtime so she couldn't go anywhere without him knowing... I'm going to say that Alex put them in the backpack because he was getting ready to go. But it's all speculation. And I'm still laughing.

3 comments:

killiankayla said...

How funny - I am just imagining the whole scene and it sounds like a Candid Camera moment (which I am sure you have many of)! I especially was intrigued by the story since my coworker had just related a story to me today involving her granddaughter and "keys". She had been babysitting her granddaughter last night while her daughter was attending a College course. Her daughter misplaced her car keys and after much searching, called a locksmith for some assistance. After arriving at her Mom's (grandma's) to pick up her daughter, her daughter was interested in Momma's new backpack (and all of its little nooks & crannies)and proceeded to lug it to a corner of the room while they were having a conversation. She appeared a few moments later dangling the set of car keys in front of them - her simple discovery brought more than just a smile to everyone!

Tracy said...

Thanks for sharing your co-workers story. Maybe that's how I should locate my husbands other set of keys? (he always loses keys while traveling for work) I could pull all his half unpacked bags out of the closet and let Alex go to town on them... hmmm...

Veronica said...

Ok, seriously, this is still the funniest thing I have every read. Ever.