Monday, May 26, 2008

out perk'd

No one would have guessed it possible, but I must admit I've been outdone.

My son is more perky than I am.

2 hours of shopping and a little bit of a car ride, holding my hand and "jumping" instead of walking, a hug that knocks me to the ground followed by a round of tickle-saurus, peek-a-boo at the bathroom door while I "potty"... and I was screaming uncle. (actually Stan was laughing at me while I handed the just-a-little-too-perky, only-1-hour-before-bed, child off to him with an impatient tone in my voice)

It would be just my luck to have a child who would out perk me. ME! aarrgghh. (and a giggle, as we play peek-a-boo from behind the kids menu at dinner... a little caffeine and I regained some of my old perky.) :)


BUT NONE OF THAT MATTERS BECAUSE


Tonight, as I was getting Alex ready for bed, Stan came in to say good night. His usual "Good night buddy", to which Alex replies "ni-nite". Tonight, however, Stan was gifted with this response:

"Ni-night budddy"

Alex got a bigger than usual hug, and a kiss, and Stan went boucing downstairs with one of the biggest grins I've ever seen on his face! He'll be bragging about this moment to himself for a while - I had to share it with everyone else.

They tease that being a parent is a job without perks - being someone's buddy for life - that's a pretty cool perk!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Tracy,
I found your blog when I was leaving a comment on Allyson's site. Alex is so cute! I don't know you very well, but I'm glad I found your blog! Have a good week!

Tracy said...

Glad to have you!

And Thanks (I think he's pretty cute too...)!!

Tracy