Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Big Christmas Tree

 
I finally broke down and invested in non-breakable Christmas ornaments... the decorator in me always wondered why on earth people would settle for them. Now I know that it's because they have 2 year olds. *sigh* I guess that's what you get when you become a Mommy... that and the hugs and kisses! I guess I can deal with the plastic ornaments! :)

So, anyway, tonight I tied what ribbon I had on ornaments and Alex hung them on the tree.

All by himself.

REALLY.

I promise right now that there was ZERO placement coaching... he arranged them on different branches at different heights ALL BY HIMSELF!

Are you amazed? I'm amazed!

How does he do it... just KNOW how something's supposed to look AND implement it? I mean, that's talent some grown adults don't have. Maybe I'll let him direct where I put the upper ones too. It would be really interesting to see what he comes up with! It could be like my own little science experiment, naturally pleasing asthetic vs nurtured opinion. Maybe.

Regardless, we're having so much fun with Christmas. Grammy & Grandpa made an advent calendar for him - this year they put a little toy car in each door, next year each will hold a piece of a nativity set. He calls it "my little Christmas tree" and goes straight to it each time we're over there. And, he can pick out his stocking on the mantle (and there are a lot of them to choose from).

Yes, Christmas is going to be lots of fun this year! And it snowed today, and Alex LIKED getting it on his shoes... last year he **FREAKED OUT** "ick, ick". We had to cut our 1st sledding short because snow landed on his boots! Tonight he stomped around "snow!" stomp, stomp. So cute!

More pictures to come... seems like there's something wonderful and new to share all the time!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: