Sunday, August 8, 2010

Little surprises...

So, I've officially moved from thinking these things are accidental, to full awareness of the subtle humor my child posesses. 

It all started with Alex helping me make cookies Sunday afternoon.  He stood on a chair so he could help me measure and stir (he learned how to level a measuring scoop/spoon with a butter knife/finger).  As we were working, he was nosing around the dish drainer and found his little volcano (you know, add baking soda & vinegar...).  There were also some yellow cherry tomatoes from Grammy's garden next to us.  And my big ladle.  I guess I should pay closer attention to what he's doing next time.

When I emptied the dishes, I found the volcano:















Wiping down the counter, I found the cherry tomatoes in their new home:




















And last, but not least, the ladle - I almost didn't notice it there.  And it has one of those water & glitter filled bouncy balls in it too:

1 comment:

Tracy said...

When I picked Alex up at school I told him "You know what I found last night when I was emptying the dishwasher?... Your volcano!" Well, he got the goofiest little grin on his face and his eyes sparkled. He seemed to really enjoy that I noticed his little prank.