Monday, April 22, 2013

When I get married...

Dinner table conversation that will have our parents roaring... It's only fair that we, who married at 20 and 18 years old, would have a little boy who starts talking about it at 7! 

Alex: I really have my work cut out for me, to get married, 'cause I have 4 girls that I am friends with (implying he has a choice to make).
Me: Well, thankfully you have a long time before you have to make that decision.
Stan: Did you know that I was 20 years old when I married your Mommy, there's still 13 whole years before you're that age and many people don't get married until they are 24 or 25. And, that I didn't even meet your Mommy until I was 14.
Alex: No, that's (counting on fingers) still 7 more years.

Then, out of curiosity, I asked him what he thought would be important for a wife: "caring for people, inventing stuff, helping fix and invent stuff, nice to me" so I asked him, can I add one more thing to that list? He nodded yes, "she should love God too", to which I got a big, happy grin from both of my boys.

I'm proud of Stan and I for holding it together during this precious moment!  And so blessed that our relationship is one that makes our son look forward to his own marriage at the tender age of 7.

No comments: