Tuesday, September 2, 2008

In the dark.

This weekend Alex and I got to play together a lot (we also got to snuggle a lot because he was sick... boo on the sick part, but Mommy doesn't mind the extra snuggles). We curled up on the couch together and watched his favorite movie, Cars. And right after McQueen pushed The King over the finish line, he was out - curled up with his head on my chest. Do you know how long it's been since he fell asleep on me? Seems like forever. It was therapy. Happy Mommy.

Anyway.

Later on we were in his room, I was sorting and watching him attempt to kill himself doing flashdance moves on top of his bed, with these strange break-dancing freeze poses as finales, one leg straight up in the air... it was hilarious.

When we first went in, I didn't bother turning the light on because I didn't think we'd be there that long. Then I needed it so I reached over and flipped it on.

Moments later, Alex crawled down off the bed, turned off the light, and said
"I turned the dark on Mommy".

HeHeHe. It was SO funny! And he was completely matter-of-fact about it. He got a big, albeit unsolicited, hug because he was just too cute not to hug!!

I laughed about it then. And I laughed some more when I told Stan. And then I laughed about it again in the shower. And I'm still laughing. What a kick!

No comments: