Friday, September 26, 2008

Little Kid

My little Alex has his first day of preschool today. (It's a child care center that has a preschool program, but it's preschool from 9-noon and it's easiest for us to just call it "school" when talking with Alex).

After leaving Alex, Stan called me so I could share in the moment. I love the story he shared:

As Stan unbuckled Alex from his seat, Alex asked to be carried in...
to which Stan pointed out,

"but all the big kids are walking in...!"

Alex pointed to himself and took the opportunity to remind Stan,

"I just little kid..." (very matter-of-fact)

How-cute-is-my-boy!

He ended up walking in. (a good habit since Mommy won't physically be able to carry him in another 6 months). And Stan says that there was zero trauma... he was a little reserved at first, but was off playing in about 3 minutes. We think he's just going to love it there!!! So many exciting experiences await him!

2 comments:

kelli said...

okay, did I miss something? What is happening in 6 months that you can't carry Alex?! Is it what I think it is?!

Tracy said...

No... just his growth pattern. He'll be half my size soon!

Thanks though! :)

Tracy